We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN:
To successfully match pupil ability to the curriculum, Bearpark Primary School is committed to:
- A range of teaching and learning styles, included within the quality teaching children receive in their class.
- Differentiated learning materials and activities
- Access to ICT and Technology.
- Additional support in class
- Additional out of class support, including interventions
- Flexible groupings – including small group support work.
- An innovative and supportive curriculum.
- The appropriate use of rewards and sanctions.
- Assessment procedures that emphasise pupils’ strengths and achievements, and targets that are personalised for pupils with SEND
- Applications during national testing at Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Year 1 phonics testing to obtain access arrangements and additional time as appropriate.
- Access to specialist advice and guidance through referral process, which can include specialist provision
- Inclusion in many enrichment and enjoyment activities eg. Visitor workshops, trips etc
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you can also find in the School Policies section of our website.